Friday, January 10, 2014

DIY | GLITTERED HAIR BOWS

 The other day when Traci came over and told me that she wanted to make ribbon hair bows I was so excited because I had bought black ribbon a while ago that I had been meaning to make bows with, but I never got around to it. It was fate. This was the time to make hair bows. Traci worked on cutting out the ribbon strips, I glued the middle of the bow, and she glued the bow to the barrette.
 For these fabric bows, I hand-stamped white fabric and then followed this tutorial from Elsie. I painted the edges of the bows with gold glitter mixed with mod podge.
 For these double looped bows, we followed this tutorial but used a wider ribbon for the middle.
 For the black ribbon bows, it's similar to making the fabric ones without all the folding. Cut a length of fabric double the desired width of your bow. Glue glue the edges together. Wrap your middle ribbon around the center of the bow hiding the seam in the middle and glue to secure.
Supplies:
  • Ribbon
  • Hair barrettes (similar to these)
  • Glue gun
  • Gold glitter
  • Glossy Mod podge

Hair bows are the perfect accessory and it's so easy to customize size and color to match your style. We made matching ones for Joyce!  Hope you try this simple DIY out! Tell me how it goes.
xoxo, allison

p.s. If you're looking for other gold glitter + Mod Podge projects, take a look at our chevron laptop coversuitcases, and bow tie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment