Sunday, June 23, 2013

DIY | Glitter Suitcase Decor

Hello friends! It's been forever since either have updated our blog but both Allison and I graduated from college! Allison received her pharmacy degree while I received my bachelor degree so we were busy finishing out the year strong and celebrating with our friends and family.

Now to the DIY suitcase decor. This summer, I'll be doing a lot of traveling and wanted to make my suitcase stand out from all of the rest out there. If you're like me, you HATE when you are at a baggage claim and are unable to identify your bag from everyone else's. So, I thought I would do something unique, yet simple to add some "sparkle" to my suitcase.

Materials:

  • Suitcase
  • Mod Podge
  • Craft Glitter (any color of your choice)
  • Paintbrush
  • Container (old applesauce cup, plastic cup...anything you have around your house)


First, pour the mod podge into your container and then mix in some of the glitter. The mixture should be a 50/50 mixture just like in our diy glitter chevron laptop case.



Next, paint on the mixture directly onto your suitcase. Depending on how much glitter you want on it, paint it on layer by layer allowing each layer to dry before applying the next.


Last, let it dry outside in the sun or overnight until everything is dry.


When I travel from now on, I'll be sure to see my suitcases from a mile away :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment