Wednesday, December 4, 2013

DIY | GLITTERED BOW TIE & SUSPENDERS

Now that it's finally December, holiday parties are right around the corner. I've always been a huge fan of bows, so it's no surprise that I love a good bow tie. My little (I guess younger is more appropriate) brother needed something to wear to a gold and black themed party so I whipped up this bow tie and a pair of suspenders. Super simple!

For the bow tie: I started out with two rectangular pieces (one 4x9 inches, one 4x2 inches) of white fabric which I painted with Mod Podge mixed with gold glitter. After they dried, I folded them using this tutorial from Elsie. I sewed a piece of thin white elastic to the back of the bow so my brother could slip it over his head and under the collar. You can also find bow tie clips at a craft store or online.


For the suspenders: I followed Kinsey's tutorial but painted the ends of the elastic with clear fingernail polish so they wouldn't fray.


I love the way the bow tie turned out. These two pieces are the perfect addition to your guy's holiday party dress code. You can even make a matching bow for yourself to wear in your hair :) As you know we love gold glitter + Mod Podge, remember our chevron laptop cover and suitcases?

xoxo, allison

0 comments:

Post a Comment