Thursday, May 22, 2014

EAT | BENIHANA

 My besties know me so well - especially when it comes to food. They know it takes me forever to finish a meal, partly because I eat really slowly and partly because I talk a lot. And they know I eat ice cream especially slowly (they usually finish before I even get to the cone). They know how much spicy I can handle (not much!) and that I like my hash browns extra crispy. If it has bacon, pork belly, or unagi, I'll probably order it.

Joyce also knows that when she tells me to "leave now!" that's when I start getting ready, haha. So, naturally, I was the last one to dinner last night even though I was the only one sitting at home (well, actually I was sewing Joyce's holey clothes and Wreck-it Ralph pillowcases & capes for Traci, so there's that.) When I arrived at Benihana, Traci told me what I was going to order since they had already looked over the menu, and I handed the server my birthday coupon.

I wasn't surprised when our food came and our table was full of my favorites.
 Splash 'N Meadow - Hibachi steak, grilled colossal shrimp. 
 Land 'N Sea - Filet mignon, sea scallops, shrimp. 
 Las Vegas Roll - Tempura battered salmon, avocado, crab, & cream cheese topped with jalapenos and spicy mayo. ($4.25, happy hour menu)
 Dragon Roll - California roll topped with unagi (!!!) and avocado. ($6, happy hour menu)
 Green tea ice cream
 Matching Nike Free Flyknits!
Now I need to go run in my new shoes because we ate way too much last night! Don't forget to sign-up for their birthday club, so you can get a $30 birthday certificate (with the purchase of another meal) - basically BOGO.

xoxo, allison

0 comments:

Post a Comment