Monday, April 28, 2014

EAT | SCHEZWAN GARDEN

Something silly happened. Exhausted from her week at work, Traci called me on her way home and asked if I wanted to grab dinner. I was currently eating dinner with my dad but agreed I could have second dinner with her. She came over, yelped for a bit and then we decided to go to this little Chinese restaurant, just us two. We walk into the little restaurant, and after some Chinese is thrown our way, we nod and smile and make our way to a little table near the cash register. We notice the trays of food near the cash register. But we don't really know what any of that stuff is/recognize it/are embarrassed so we sit down and immediately look at each other and loudly whisper, "we should have brought a friend who speaks Chinese." Which could have been Joyce or Matty or Steve. Instead, it's just us two - the two friends who can't speak any Chinese (well I can order dim sum so that has to count for something). Despite this realization we ordered what we knew and promised that next time we came we would bring a Chinese-speaking friend.
Spicy Beef Noodle Soup. This bowl was never-ending. We were impressed with all the noodles, beef, and veggies hidden in the spicy, red soup. I cried and sniffled my way through it because I have low spicy tolerance - but it was so good!
Chinese Burritos (Beef roll-ups). I thought this was super yummy. Thinly sliced beef, cilantro, and hoisin sauce rolled into a pan-fried Chinese pancake.


That night we drink a lot of tea. Pots of tea. (And I poured some in my soup bowl because it was so spicy and I'm total weak sauce.) Super cheap and yummy food. We will be back very soon - with Joyce or Matty or Steve.

xoxo, allison


0 comments:

Post a Comment