Friday, March 7, 2014

TRAVEL | THOMAS R. RILEY WILDERNESS PARK

My best friend loves to hike. Me? Not as excited...but I'm up for it as long as there is a waterfall or beach or mountain peak view somewhere along the trail. My favorite part about hiking is breathing in the fresh air and reflecting on all of the beauty in the world that God created. He didn't have to make so many different kinds of plants or trees, but he did; and we get to enjoy them.  Last weekend I went hiking with my sister's American Heritage Girl troop at the Thomas F. Riley Wilderness Park. We hiked up the Mule Deer Trail and followed the Vista Ridge Trail down which was probably around 2 miles. The highlight: watching a group of deer cross our hiking trail!
All of the trails allow bikes, but I would suggest that if you haven't mountain biked before, you probably shouldn't try it out here because part of the trail is pretty rugged and steep.
I know, I know, I need better hiking shoes.
Oh, deer!
Where are they going? I have no i-deer!

Hiking is a great way to go exploring, get some fresh air, and exercise a bit. Where are some of your favorite hiking spots?

xoxo, allison

0 comments:

Post a Comment