Monday, March 3, 2014

DIY l Homemade Cards

Call me old fashioned, but I love getting snail mail or encouraging notes. Maybe this has to do with the fact that one of my love languages is "words of affirmation" but to me, there's nothing I treasure more than getting a heartfelt handwritten note.


Ever since the whole DIY phenomenon came into the scene, I've always admired the creative cards that people come up with. For hours I would be on Pinterest and Etsy looking up ideas for creative cards. As convenient as going to the Hallmark or Target is to buy a card, I never really thought they were as personal as getting one that someone made themselves...which sparked my interest in creating cards. During college I never really had the time (and I still don't really now..) to sit down and make cards, but it's definitely become a stress reliever for me.


Card making can be time consuming but I've come to find that people appreciate them so much more than just a store-bought card. I think what I love most about it is that I'm able to start with a blank canvas and just create anything minus the cheesy-ness. The materials, aside from paper, can be pricey but they're an investment that's worth forking money for since they last practically forever. 


Have any great card making ideas or tools that you want to share? Leave them in the comment box and I'll be your best friend! :)

xoxo,
joyce

0 comments:

Post a Comment