Saturday, November 30, 2013

thankful


Throughout this month of November I've been doing a lot of reflecting on what I have to be thankful for. There are the material things like the roof over my head, the bedroom I get to share with my baby sister, and the new remote controlled garage door my dad installed for my car. Then there are the other, more important things. I'm thankful that all my siblings are home this weekend for the first time since August, for the chance to spend time at home after so many years away at school. I'm thankful for the chance to travel and see more of this beautiful earth God created. I'm thankful for the friends that I've been able to reconnect with, the new friends I've made, and the friends that have become like family. For the people God has placed in my life to share my joy and to carry me through my pain & sorrows.  And I thank God for giving me all these things. But above all I'm thankful for God's grace and mercy and love. That he sent his one and only son to earth to pay the price for all of my sins. That is the best gift I have and will ever receive.

"You give me thanks (regardless of your feelings) and I give you joy (regardless of your circumstances) ... Thankfulness opens your heart to My presence and your mind to My thoughts." - Jesus Calling

"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast loves endures forever!" - Psalm 118:1 (NKJV)

xoxo, allison

0 comments:

Post a Comment