Friday, June 6, 2014

IT'S NATIONAL DONUT DAY!


It's not only Friday, it's National Donut Day! Probably one of my favorite days of the year because who doesn't love donuts?! So in honor of today, here's my past year through donuts (This doesn't even include all the donuts I've eaten! We seem to constantly have donuts in our office)...

I was inspired by a blog post from Studio DIY to make a donut costume for Halloween! I got our HR team excited and we ended up being a dozen donuts (a baker's dozen that is!). Our tagline- DONUT mess with HR. Clever ehh? :)
Our boyfriends know how much we like donuts! For Christmas Matt bought me a Kate Spade Donut purse and Mai's boyfriend got her a donut ring. Score!!!

I also have a nifty donut mug sitting on my desk and the back of it says "MMMMM...DONUTS." Best anniversary present! And of course, Mai contributed to my donut collection and gave me a nifty donut bank. Everyone needs one to fill with money to buy more donuts!! 
Isn't this a cute sign?! Saw it hanging on my chair as I walked into work :) Thanks Ali!
For my birthday, my manager stopped by a local donut place called Donut Friend. They have the most unique donuts and they are handmade in front of you! We cut them up into small pieces so that we could sample them all. MMM my mouth is watering just thinking about these!
My favorites:
-Drive Like Jelly (Peanut butter and strawberry jam inside a traditional donut, topped with a vanilla bean glaze)
-Nutellavision (Nutella and a dash of olive oil inside a traditional glaze donut, topped with a vanilla bean glaze and a pinch of kosher salt)
-Jets to Basil (Goat cheese, strawberry jam, and fresh basil inside a traditional donut, topped with a vanilla bean glaze and balsamic reduction)

And to end this donut post, here's a picture of some donuts eating donuts! :) Don't forget to stop by Krispy Kreme today to get your free donut! 

By the way, this will not be the end of my donut posts! Donuts are not just fun to eat, but it's a great theme to use for projects! I have a few donut projects on my to-do list: Donut Sunglasses and Donut Hats! I can't wait to make these and show you!!!

xoxo, traci



0 comments:

Post a Comment