Saturday, May 31, 2014

SOML | MAY the 4th BE WITH YOU!

 Since Traci and I are both May babies we decided years ago that it's twice as fun to celebrate our birthdays together. Last year our birthday party landed on May fourth, so of course we had to celebrate Star Wars day (which meant we made our cousin dress up in Traci's dad Obi-Wan Kenobi costume complete with the light-up, sound-making lightsaber)! This year we made sure to plan our party on May fourth just for kicks.

To be honest, Traci and I haven't actually seen any of the Star Wars movies. We don't even know half of the character's names. But we tried...
I made funfetti mini cakes with cream cheese frosting and Star Wars cake toppers. And Traci memorized some quotes to recite. My favorite was: “Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’re my only hope.”
 We had a brunch full of our favorites:

  • Belgium waffles with syrup, fresh strawberries, and cool whip
  • Ham and sausage egg "mcmuffins"
  • Tater tot omelet breakfast bites from this pin
  • Spinach, Chinese sausage, & cheddar quiche
  • Bacon! (duh)
  • Tater tots
  • Rainbow jello
  • Fruit salad
  • Corn on the cob

This year we went all out and did our hair like Princess Leia. And we couldn't forget our crowns - we have princess syndrome. I hope next year, you'll celebrate May the 4th with us. 
and...MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

xoxo, allison

0 comments:

Post a Comment