Thursday, September 26, 2013

DIY | RELAX BEAR PAINTED PITCHER


One of my best friends from college has a birthday coming up and I threw this quick present together since I'm seeing her this weekend (we don't get to see each other that often). Rilakkuma (リラックマ) or Relax Bear as what the name is directly translated into, is her absolute favorite. This is a simple DIY that can be done in less than an hour and personalized to whatever your bestie loves. 
xoxo, allison


Gather supplies:
  • Clear pitcher (I snagged mine on sale for $6 from Target)
  • Gold paint pen
  • Newspaper, to protect your table
  • White paper for tracing
  • Scissors
  • Tape


I googled some images and traced them from my laptop screen onto white paper using a highlighter. Then I went over the images using a black marker so I could see the image better. After, I arranged them on the inside of the pitcher and taped them - starting from the top and moving towards the bottom so I wouldn't smear the wet ink as a continued to trace. After the first tracing, I went over them again to make the lines thicker and darker.  



After the paint was dry, I stuffed the pitcher with ingredients to make Thai Tea, another favorite.
Adapted from A Beautiful Mess.

  • Lipton cold brew black tea bags 
  • Star anise
  • Brown sugar
  • Can of sweetened condensed milk





0 comments:

Post a Comment