Monday, September 9, 2013

Cha-Cha-Cha-Chia!

The first thing you may think about what when you hear the word "chia" are the plants that grow out of pots to look like hair or something or other. But, what I'm going to be talking about today are chia seeds that you can actually eat and are rich in nutrients!

Chia seeds come from a flowering plant that is native to Mexico and dates back to the Aztecs who included it as a staple part of their diet. Within each of these little seeds contain calcium, manganese, and phosphorus, and a great source of healthy omega-3 fats.

Recently, I've been putting chia seeds in my water and smoothies. The recommended intake amounts for chia seeds are: 3 tablespoons in the gel form 3 times a day and the dry form once a day a tablespoon and 2 times a teaspoon. When taking it dry, make sure that you are taking it with fluids!

I bought my chia seeds at Trader Joe's for $4.99!

To find 10 reasons why you should add chia seeds to your diet, you can find it here! Reading this article has surely convinced me to start including it in my diet and I have seen lots of effects including being more hydrated!

0 comments:

Post a Comment