Monday, January 13, 2014

BAKE | SMORES BROWNIES

  Sometimes you just don't have time to make brownies from scratch because you were busy making a four layer carrot cake with homemade cream cheese frosting. No? No one does that anymore? Well, whether or not you are short on time or just want to add a quick and easy dessert to your dinner party, these smore's brownies are for you. Inspired by Joy the Baker, I took a shortcut by using my favorite brownie mix but feel free to make your brownies from scratch! (Personally, I've never made brownies from scratch. Isn't that horrible? The boxed ones just taste so good - especially in college when my roommates and I needed a quick chocolate fix. Shhh....don't tell my classmates that all I did was add Andes chocolate mints to my boxed brownie batter.)



Ingredients
  • 1 box brownie mix  (plus ingredients needed to make brownies according to box directions)
  • 1 cup graham cracker, roughly crushed with your hands
  • 12 big marshmallows  
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 9×13-inch baking pan. 
  2. Prepare brownie batter according to directions on box.
  3. Fold in graham crackers.  Pour batter into prepared pan. 
  4. Dot with 12 large marshmallows.  
  5. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 30- 40 minutes minutes. Marshmallows will be browned and puffy but will deflate as the brownies cool.  
  6. Cool for at least 20 minutes than slice with a sharp knife, cleaning the knife with hot water if it gets too messy and sticky.  
  7. Serve or wrap individually in wax paper for storing.

We made these for Christmas dinner along with my four layer carrot cake, which probably turned out to be the best cake I've made to date.

xoxo, allison

0 comments:

Post a Comment