Thursday, January 15, 2015

DIY | 14 DAYS OF FEBRUARY




I know Christmas is now weeks ago, but the twelve days of Christmas song randomly popped up in my head. You know, the song- on the first day of christmas my true love gave to me... Which got me thinking.... Hmmm valentines day is coming up... How about a valentines day song?! Thus the February valentine day song/project was born and it goes like this: On the first day of February, my valentine gave to me...

The idea is that for every day from February 1-14, there is a bag with a special treat inside that correlates to the day. Joyce came over yesterday and we both decided to do this for our special someone. Which meant off to target we went! 

It took some time to figure out the most meaningful treats to put inside without buying too much junk. We wandered around the store aimlessly for awhile but gradually found the perfect things! We drove straight to Allison's house afterwards to assemble our bags and we put a valentines day card in each bag with the lines to the song.

Here is how my song went... (I included some side notes for your reading pleasure)
On the first day of February, my valentine gave to me... 1 POUND OF SHRIMP (we're going to boiling crab that day!)
On the second day of February, my valentine gave to me... 2 CLEAN HANDS (a bottle of soap since I always tease him about needing to wash his hands more)
On the third day of February, my valentine gave to me... 3 INGREDIENT SALSA (fav college food)
On the fourth day of February, my valentine gave to me... 4 ROBOTS (well, robot socks. Hehe)
On the fifth day of February, my valentine gave to me... 5 HI-CHEWS (who doesn't like these?!)
On the sixth day of February, my valentine gave to me... 6 PACKS OF OATMEAL (trying to start this year off healthy)
On the seventh day of February, my valentine gave to me... 7 CHOCOLATE HEARTS (because the box it came in was just too adorable)
On the eighth day of February, my valentine gave to me... 8 CANS OF SPARKLING WATER (way better than soda)
On the ninth day of February, my valentine gave to me... 9 GRAIN CHIPS (because you need chips for the salsa!)
On the tenth day of February, my valentine gave to me... 10 WEEKS OF SHOWERS (his favorite bottle of shampoo haha)
On the eleventh day of February, my valentine gave to me... 11 boxes of raisins (again, trying to be healthy)
On the twelfth day of February, my valentine gave to me... 12 OUNCES OF PEANUT BUTTER (the perfect snack to dip your fruits and veggies in!)
On the thirteenth day of February, my valentine gave to me... 13 GUMMY HEARTS (because he loves gummy candy)
On the fourteenth day of February, my valentine gave to me... 14 REASONS WHY SHE LIKES ME (aww!)

The great thing about this fun project is that you can personalize it as much as you want. I can't wait to give this to Matt! He's going to have 14 presents to open! Doesn't get any better than that :)


xoxo, traci 

0 comments:

Post a Comment