Saturday, January 11, 2014

EAT | THE LOFT

When I was younger, my cousins moved from sunny Southern California to the windy city: Chicago. Whenever they come to visit we always go to The Loft because they say there's nothing like the Hawaiian fried chicken here. We somehow forgot about this place because there are so many new restaurants moving into our city plus we probably only eat out once (at most twice) a week. The last time I came here with my relatives from out-of-town I was surprised by how the food was better than I remembered. Traci and Joyce had not been to the Loft in a while so we decided to go for our weekly Monday night dinner date. They were happily surprised by how big the portions were. Our waiter was super friendly but probably thought we were crazy for ordering so much food. So did the table next to us. Oh well.

Beef curry stew over white rice, island fried chicken, fried saimin, ramen cabbage salad.
Island fried chicken, bacon fried rice, fried saimin, potato salad.

These were the only pictures we took that night because we were too busy eating! You bet we took home leftovers. The beef curry stew with island fried chicken bowl is my favorite since I could do without the sides. But if you go, you HAVE to get the island fried chicken. Trust me.

xoxo, allison (& Traci & Joyce)

0 comments:

Post a Comment