Thursday, November 7, 2013

DIY | BIRTHDAY BOOK


I'm all for hand-making birthday cards. It's one of my favorite things to do. Sometimes I get carried away with all the writing I like to do, but can't a girl give a handmade birthday card that screams "I love you" (since obviously it's a pretty awesome card) without saying "I'm in love with you"? Apparently not. True story. But that's for another time. 
Anyways, when I went away to college I started sending my dear friend handmade birthday cards in the fall and she'd return the favor in the spring. She's like the other little sister I never had, and since I only returned home for Christmas, Spring, and Summer break this was a special way that we got to keep in touch. 


Now, I'm home after graduating and she's in college far away. This year I wanted to make something extra special since I had a little more time on my hands and I cannot believe she's turning TWENTY! ( I feel old.) I was inspired by this birthday book of notes





Here's what I did (this is a semi-silly tutorial):
  1. Stamp white card stock with cute stamps in pretty colors. You can use colored card stock too, but I only had white.
  2. Fold white card stock in half - like a hamburger (does anyone still call it that?). "Bind" book with washi tape. I only used two pieces of card stock but you can put as many pages as you'd like.
  3. Glue different sized envelopes on book pages. 
  4. Write lovely birthday letters. Write Bible verses on little note cards. Write letters of encouragement. Write lyrics to a favorite song. Write whatever you'd like.
  5. Place letters inside envelopes. Place pictures inside envelopes. Place stickers inside envelopes. Place whatever you'd like inside envelopes.
  6. Seal envelopes with washi tape or stickers. Decorate remaining pages with stickers, pictures, stamps, etc. 
  7. If you happen to have a big enough envelope, good for you! But I didn't so I wrapped my card in a larger piece of paper and taped it really well all around. 
  8. Since it's a larger envelope you'll have to pay a little more postage to mail it. I went to the post office to weigh mine (2.5 oz.) and I paid 86 cents to send it. Two "Forever" stamps should be sufficient!
Happy birthday card making! 
xoxo, allison



0 comments:

Post a Comment