Thursday, March 27, 2014

COOK | BBQ SAUCE GLAZED CHICKEN

I've been craving BBQ chicken for some reason, but since I have yet to get outside to the backyard BBQ, I decided to bake my chicken with some BBQ sauce glaze. The result? Quick, easy chicken for dinner. The recipe I adapted from uses Sriracha but I'm anti-spicy because it makes me cry. Instead I added some honey to sweeten it up. I served it with white rice and spoonfuls of the sauce. nomnomnom.

BBQ GLAZED CHICKEN
recipe slightly adapted  from Shutterbean

serves 3-4
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 TBS rice vinegar
  • 3 TBS BBQ sauce
  • 1 TBS sugar
  • 1 and 1/2 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 TBS honey
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken things
  1. In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, white vinegar, BBQ sauce, sugar, honey, sesame oil, and green onions.
  2. Add chicken to marinade. and let marinate for 30-60 minutes, tossing halfway through. 
  3. Preheat oven to 475F. Bake until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens, 30 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through. 

The glaze on the chicken is sweet and salty, with just the right amount of barbecue sauce. And right now I'm loving green onions and adding them to everything. This is especially simple because I just have to send my little sister to the backyard with a pair of scissors and she can cut me as many as I want! 

xoxo, allison

0 comments:

Post a Comment