Monday, October 21, 2013

DIY | STRIPED PHONE CASE

So, I really want/need a new phone. Although my phone is considered "smart" it's probably the dumbest "smart" phone ever. Instagram freezes when I try to post more that one photo a day, it likes to vibrate for long periods of time for no apparent reason, and when I try to restart it the shut down button doesn't work so I usually have to just pull out the battery. #firstworldproblems i know. But since I'm not going to get a new phone until I get a real job, I've decided to work with what I've got.

I purchased this clear case online a while ago for super cheap but wasn't really sure how I wanted to decorate it. Finally I decided that I was just going to go for it. I dug out my box of fingernail polishes that I never use (my favorites sit on my desk for easy access). I picked some brights, pastels, and of course glitter polishes!

I put a piece of lined paper under the case so I could kind of eye-ball the lines to make them straight. If you want really straight edges you could wrap a rubber band around the case or use tape before you paint. After the first layer I went over the lines again because I wanted the colors to really stand out. After the back was dried, I snapped on the front of the case to make sure the lines and colors matched up at the seam. I was thinking about going over the entire case with mod podge to seal it in, but I haven't and my case is still fine!

Now I have a pretty "smart" phone :)
xoxo, allison



0 comments:

Post a Comment